Mindfulness can Reduce Stress and Anxiety
Mindfulness is the practice of being aware of each moment of your day as it happens.
Becoming more mindful helps reduce tension, stress, and anxiety.
It also helps you notice what supports your wellbeing.
Mindfulness involves becoming aware of your thoughts, feelings and body sensations as you experience them. It helps you notice:
- tension building up and when you need to take a break
- whether your food is healthy and when you have had enough to eat
- whether you need more sleep or exercise.
It also helps you notice other people. You become more aware of:
- the effect other people have on you – who helps build you up and who brings you down.
- other people’s experiences need’s and emotions, which makes your relationships better.
Because of this, mindfulness is great for helping reduce symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression. The more you practise being mindful, the more you benefit from it.
Do you savour life or let everyday stresses control you? In other words, how mindful are you? Try this fun online quizhttps://greatergood.berkeley.edu/quizzes/take_quiz/mindfulness
Mindfulness Tips for Summer
Pause and Refresh........
What can I hear?
What can I smell?
What can I see?
What can I taste?
Take one minute, concentrate, and fill your mind with what is happening right now.
Let go of your worries and feel calm and relaxed.
Mindfulness tips for Summer
Focus on breathing....
Being aware of your breath is very important to being more mindful.
Taking deep, calming breaths can help you focus and can also help to lower your blood pressure.
Try setting aside two three minute periods per day to practice your breathing